Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Out and About

(PHF Day 4)  Did you miss me yesterday?  We took the family out for the daughter's birthday outting.  Now her birthday isn't until Halloween, but with her brother's birthday just 3 days afterward, we decided to break the outtings up a bit this year.  We got out, walked around Home Depot (trying to get ideas on what to get my older 2 for their bedrooms), then went to Chili's to eat.  Justus informed the waitress (discreetly of course!) that it was Sky's birthday.  Unfortunately there weren't enough people working to sing to her (at least that's what we were told), but Sky's eyes definitely lit up at the sight of the brownie sundae that they brought her!  (And let's face it.. that bad boy was GOOD).  Afterwards, we went to the movie, where Sky picked to watch the Smurfs.  They really liked it and are talking about it still today.  I found it just... ok.   Although there is one line made from the cat I keep delivering to the kids over and over.  :D

Then it was off to Lowes to look around (for more room ideas).  I have to say that by then the kids were getting bored with the home improvement stores.  I did get a couple good ideas for birthdays and Christmas.  Then we went to the mall and surprised Sky with an ear piercing.  I was SOOO proud of her.  She did SOOOO well.  She just shed a small tear.  But she's so excited to finally have earrings.  She's been wanting them for so long.

All in all it was a great day.  It's a bit hard putting someone first while walking around stores etc.  But I did what I could. :)

No comments: