Thursday, October 27, 2011

Keeping it real

(PHF Day 5) It's day five of my Putting Him First challenge. I wonder if there is anyone else out there trying this with me? I hope there is, and if so I would love to hear from you.

I have to say that after 5 days some things are becoming fairly habitual. I make up his side of the bed every night Now. My excuse has always been he's a bit OCD and likes his covers a certain way. But really, as his wife, I should learn that way and take the extra measure to do it fir him. And for all you super women out there that make your beds in the morning, well I applaud you. Maybe one of these days I will get there. Baby steps! I'm just happy it's getting done before. We crawl in bed. Lol. Hopefully there are some other women out there that can feel me!

Now, while some things are becoming easily remember and done, I know there's so much more I can do. I do find myself looking for opportunities to "serve" him. However, I also still struggle with it. Let's be real here. I don't want to be anyone's slave. Nor do I want him to get lazy and expect me to do everything for him.. Because, let's face it, I'm too lazy for that. Lol. And when begin to struggle with those things I remember what I'm doing and why. I'm no ones slave.... He's not forcing me to do anything. I do it because I love him. He doesn't even expect it. Right now he's just constantly surprised and always appreciative.

And I see return on my investment. He is beginning to touch me a bit more. Nothing major..just an occasional touch. I know it will only improve. I just need to remember to always be looking for those opportunities!

No comments: