Friday, October 28, 2011

MORE sensitive??  Oh dear.

(PHF  Day 6) Yesterday, Larry and I spent the day shopping for our oldest and youngest upcoming birthday.  All in all in was a great day.  We managed to get everything for Sky's birthday, and some for Luke's.  The boy wants metal on his wall, and I'm just trying to find it cheap!

So I find the serving part of Putting Him First difficult when out and about.  I leave the radio station on his sports talk (YECH!), I always push the cart lol..   I just have a hard time finding things to DO.  So I started thinking about other ways to put him first.  One thing I've come up with is REALLY watching the way I speak to him.  I am QUICK to anger (and quick to let it go), and tend to snap at someone easily.  Or am very sarcastic at times.  So I'm going to be paying extra close attention to that, and make sure that anything I say is said in the most loving of ways.  I tell you, I'll have him so confused and wondering what's going on!!  LOL

I also notice that since starting this I am a lot more sensitive than before.  I've ALWAYS been emotional and sensitive, but it's even more so now.  I think that it's because I'm more aware of our relationship and where I want it to be.  But I have to remember this is MY project, unbeknownst to him.  I know how much stronger, how much closer, I want us to be.  But it's not going to happen overnight.  And just because I'm changing doesn't mean he will.  The little things are NOT things to get upset and hurt over.. they are just little things.  So while I'm guarding my mouth (lol), I'm going to try and guard my emotions too.  They seem to be a bit tender lately.

No comments: